Welcome to NoobZoned!
If you want to be a part of this wonderful community, you should definetly register. Registered members can download, and see links, also browse tutorials, and resources.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to NoobZoned!
If you want to be a part of this wonderful community, you should definetly register. Registered members can download, and see links, also browse tutorials, and resources.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Do You Think of the Upgrades I might put on my PC

5 posters

:: General :: General

Go down

What Do You Think of the Upgrades I might put on my PC Empty What Do You Think of the Upgrades I might put on my PC

Post by [SKL]Artist Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Well i saved up to upgrade and this is what I decided to have:
Intel Core I7 Extreme 980X(3.33 GHz)
12.00 GB DDR3 Ram
1,000 GB HD
NVIDIA G-Force GTx 570
And I'm switching From Windows 7 EnterPrise 32 Bit to
Windows 7 Home Prem. 64 Bit
Ok this is costing me a lot of money that took me a long time to save up.
But It's Gonna cost Me about $1,200. So what do you think. These are the best I could find. Plan on Getting A Better Cooling fan And overclocking to 4.0 GHz. Maybe A Liquid cooling system.
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

https://facebook.Com/WBourjal

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think of the Upgrades I might put on my PC Empty Re: What Do You Think of the Upgrades I might put on my PC

Post by Anon Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:41 pm

What brand?
HP?
Anon
Anon
Anonymous
Anonymous

http://www.rickroll.nl

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think of the Upgrades I might put on my PC Empty Re: What Do You Think of the Upgrades I might put on my PC

Post by [SKL]Artist Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:52 pm

No Custom Dell/AlienWare But It's more custom than Dell. Only thing that is Dell Is the tower. Everything I sold and upgraded. And this is my latest upgrade.
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:55 pm

It's i think a good pc and you desktop?
Anon
Anon
Anonymous
Anonymous

http://www.rickroll.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by [SKL]Artist Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Yeah Desktop.
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

Back to top Go down

Post by diddydom Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:24 am

You might need to upgrade the tower for better airflow might get toasty in there. Smile
diddydom
diddydom
0%
0%

Back to top Go down

Post by [SKL]Artist Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:03 am

I have new Custom Alienware tower from Newegg.com- And I Have this beast fan. But you have point it will still get toasty. So I'm gonna hold off on the Overclocking. Or I could play without a tower. You never though of that lol. The air conditioning can do the rest.
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

Back to top Go down

Post by fer1240 Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 pm

12 gb of ram is completly useless, i have 8gb and even with over 30 tabs on firefox, minecraft tnting, msn and xfire i barely reach 3 gb

So its pretty much next to impossible ur g onna use it.
fer1240
fer1240
[CF]Helper
[CF]Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by [SKL]Artist Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:42 pm

This Is For The Future. So I Don't Need To Upgrade In A Long Time.
And this Is How I Can Reach 12 GB:
Run:
Black Ops
Brink
CrossFire
Combat Arms And
FireFox At The Same Time
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

Back to top Go down

Post by kajal09 Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:34 pm

tunechiman wrote:This Is For The Future. So I Don't Need To Upgrade In A Long Time.
Run:
Black Ops
Brink
CrossFire
Combat Arms And
FireFox At The Same Time
-.-' you can't play all this game same time,with crossfire,skype,msn,teamspeak,3 Firefox tabs,itune... it nearly take 3gb so yea 12gb is useless.
kajal09
kajal09
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/kajal091

Back to top Go down

Post by fer1240 Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:41 pm

tunechiman wrote:This Is For The Future. So I Don't Need To Upgrade In A Long Time.
Run:
Black Ops
Brink
CrossFire
Combat Arms And
FireFox At The Same Time

No need to try to play that, so its useless, also u will have to upgrade anyways in a pair of years max due to DDR5 actually appearing.
fer1240
fer1240
[CF]Helper
[CF]Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by [SKL]Artist Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Well Brink is One Of My Fav Games an It Reccomendes Like 5 GB Ram, 2.5 GHz Processor, 1.5 Gb Video Card. That is Pretty Demanding. And 12 Gb of Ram Is not Useless. These are it's advantages:
Couple Years Of Not Upgrading
Instant Program Start Up With SuperFetch+1800 MHz Speeds
Large FPS Amount(200-500)
So Guys I Ask If these Are good specs. Not if i am wasting. And All you Do is talk About Ram. What about CPU & Video Card
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

Back to top Go down

Post by fer1240 Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:06 pm

tunechiman wrote:Well Brink is One Of My Fav Games an It Reccomendes Like 5 GB Ram, 2.5 GHz Processor, 1.5 Gb Video Card. That is Pretty Demanding. And 12 Gb of Ram Is not Useless. These are it's advantages:
Couple Years Of Not Upgrading
Instant Program Start Up With SuperFetch+1800 MHz Speeds
Large FPS Amount(200-500)
So Guys I Ask If these Are good specs. Not if i am wasting. And All you Do is talk About Ram. What about CPU & Video Card

Because even if nvidia es over priced over ATI, its not a waste since there are stuff that will actually use it unlike the ram, same for CPU
Also, ram doesnt have to do that much of fps diff u said, 2 more gb if at most give 2 more fps, also 2 years is not much for what youre paying.

Also brinks High settings recommended settings:

CPU: Intel Quad Core i5 / Phenom II X4 620
RAM: 3GB RAM
GFX: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850
Hard Disk: 8GB Free

Kinda different about what you said with the ram, 2 gb is quite a bit, also programs here open instant with 8 gb, so its pretty much the same as with 12, something more?
fer1240
fer1240
[CF]Helper
[CF]Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by [SKL]Artist Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 pm

What are you talking abut saying 2 GB is quite a bit. 4 GB comes standard on laptops. And 6 Gb is standard on Desktops. Every New PC has at least 4 GB. Also 12 GB gaming PC's are sold. Go to newegg.com-Search iBuypower and get the most expensive one. That is the type I want to copy. That is probably one of the best Brand name gaming pc's in the world. Alienware doesn't match those specs.
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

Back to top Go down

Post by fer1240 Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 pm

tunechiman wrote:What are you talking abut saying 2 GB is quite a bit. 4 GB comes standard on laptops. And 6 Gb is standard on Desktops. Every New PC has at least 4 GB. Also 12 GB gaming PC's are sold. Go to newegg.com-Search iBuypower and get the most expensive one. That is the type I want to copy. That is probably one of the best Brand name gaming pc's in the world. Alienware doesn't match those specs.

LMAO, i was gonan buy a pc about 5 months ago, and guess what, some alienware completly beat ibuypower, i saw both companies as a option, also its not true what you said about ram, lots of laptop still come with 2gb, and no point in getting 12 gb if ur not gonna use it, its just wasting money lmao, it has no point on having the best if you cant even use it fully and by the time you can its already outdated and the best

Edit: just wanted to add that this forum is a discussion forum , and i choose to be against that ram, so dont really think im against everything you do, its just fun to argue :D

fer1240
fer1240
[CF]Helper
[CF]Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by [SKL]Artist Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Okay I Didn't say i was gonna use it now. But computer requirements are going up fast. A few years ago you needed 215 MB to run a Os. Now you need 1-2 GB. Gaming specs Are getting higher fast. Before Only 1GB needed. now 2-4 Gb on low. so You see why I am buying 12 GB. it will be good for future. Maybe in 2 years 12 gB will come standard. and the only laptops that come with with 2 GB are low end brands that sell laptops for internet use. And for gaming you need at least 6 for desktops and laptops.
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

Back to top Go down

Post by fer1240 Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm

tunechiman wrote:Okay I Didn't say i was gonna use it now. But computer requirements are going up fast. A few years ago you needed 215 MB to run a Os. Now you need 1-2 GB. Gaming specs Are getting higher fast. Before Only 1GB needed. now 2-4 Gb on low. so You see why I am buying 12 GB. it will be good for future. Maybe in 2 years 12 gB will come standard. and the only laptops that come with with 2 GB are low end brands that sell laptops for internet use. And for gaming you need at least 6 for desktops and laptops.

Not everyone has the possibility to run a gaming PC, thats for your comment at the laptops, also on the OS comment, windows 8 reqs are the same as 7, so no real point in that , and by next windows it will be ddr5 Smile
Dont forget that with requirements so goes hardware to ddr5, 12gb is useless since on its life time it cant use its full potential and later its outdated ;/, and my past laptop was 2gb and it opend everything at the sec i clickd so think about more ram does, anyhows, thats your point of view, games depend WAY MORE on CPU/Video card than on ram.
fer1240
fer1240
[CF]Helper
[CF]Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by [SKL]Artist Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Windows 8 Beta Hasn't Even Been realeased yet and your talking about the requirements. And DDR4 Isn't Even Out Yet Too. Come Back To 2011. And This Is 1800 MHz. That is Pretty Fast. DDR4 is mostly focused on power consumination. Not speed. And How Would You Feel if You had 500 FPS CrossFire Game?
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

Back to top Go down

Post by fer1240 Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 pm

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/229223/microsoft_windows_8_wont_require_a_new_pc.html

nuff said on the windows 8.

Graphic cards jumped from ddr3 to ddr5, 2011 doesnt ha ve that much of life time and probably ddr3 applies too. and with 500fps? Well, its imposible due to the game being capped at 200 fps, which my pc already has, and eyes dont see more than 60, so its useless, thats how i would feel.
fer1240
fer1240
[CF]Helper
[CF]Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by [SKL]Artist Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:19 pm

There are other games. And I won't belive anything PC WORLD say unless Microsoft Confirms It. And DDR4 Will Be realesed by samsung In like 2012. And I bough The ram and i am eligible for free upgrade from 12 Gb to 14 GB. Hahahah. But i decided not to get that video card 'cause it will be oudated pretty soon. And i am looking for a cheap water colling system and maybe new tower. Also i will sell my old parts so I dont spend as much. But processor I can probably overclock up to 4.5 GHZ MAYBE? I might have it factory overclocked so I have warrenty if it exploded xD. And i will need better power supply. So it gonna cost me a lot. And i might overclick Ram speed to 2000 MHz. But Windows will give me 6.8 performance rating when I am done. That is like perfect. So these are final specs

Video Card(UnKnown)
Ram-14 GB(HAHAHAH)
CPU-4.0-4.5(I forgot about turbo boost 2.0)-5.5 With turbo I think
This is beast computer. And I save lot's of money from getting it from newegg.com
Also anyone know some good video card I can use?
[SKL]Artist
[SKL]Artist
70%
70%

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General :: General

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum